sO you’RE CURIOUS ABOUT OUR 48 HOUR HORROR FEST….
BUT you HAVE SOME QUESTIONS?
READ ON FOR some answers
1. Who can participate?
Teams are invited to participate as long as:
- Everyone on the team is 18 years of age or older.
- At least half of the team are women of color identifying and have ownership of the project, eg: Director, Writer, Producer, etc.
- It is required that WOC have ownership of this product as well as being represented throughout your piece. 50% representation above the line, (I.E. Writer, Director, Producer) and below the line (I.E Talent, Crew members)
2. Why does half the team have to be women of color identifying?
- Simply put, there just aren’t a lot of female horror directors out there. And we want to change that.
- We want to showcase (and prove to those who say otherwise) that women can produce work that’s just as bone-chilling, fear-inducing, and spine-tingling as the men who have traditionally occupied this space.
3. What if I don’t have a team?
- Not a problem, as long as you meet the other requirements.
- You can be your entire team.
4. What if I don’t have a professional camera?
- If Steven Soderbergh doesn’t need a fancy camera (Unsane, 2018), neither do you!
- Feel free to use whatever device is available to you…
- iPhone, Android, tablet, laptop, GoPro, VHS… you get it…
- Any and all of those work!
5. What’s the timeline?
- Sept. 24th, 2021 — Team registration opens
- Sept. 29th, 2021 — Team registration closes
- October 1st, 2021 (9pm pst) — 48 hour festival will kicks off
- October 3rd, 2021 (9pm pst) — Deadline for all 48 hour film submissions
- October 29th, 2021 (5pm pst) — Halloween Screening
6. How long can my movie be?
- Between 3-5 minutes long. Including Title and Credits.
7. Is there a fee or a due?
- No dues. We’re all about accessibility and inclusion here, as such there is no fee to participate.
8. What happens at the end of the 48 hours?
- From Oct. 3rd-16th, qualifying shorts will be voted on by our film critics.
- Ten shorts will be selected as our Finalists.
- Finalists will be debuted with our streaming partner (to be announced).
- Top Five filmmakers will be screened at our exclusive Halloween Screening Oct. 29th; where people’s choice and the top 3 best films will be announced.
9. What do I win?
- All qualifying films will receive prizes for their submission.
- The 10 most-voted-on films will then be shown to our panel of judges and be streamed with our partner.
- These judges will determine our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
- The winning teams will be given festival sponsorships, tickets, cash prizes, and more.
You can subscribe to get updates on prizes, judges, and get notified to when registration opens by clicking the button below.
entertwine — We’re looking for the next generation of filmmakers – creatives, outcasts, people with visions – from all backgrounds and all walks of life.
2021© entertwine inc.